- Product Description
- More Information
A modified urethane finish for all wood floors.
Wood Seal SB 40 represents the latest in wood finishes. It is recommended for use as a finish coat on gyms, racquet ball courts and other wood floors. This product exhibits high gloss, superior mark resistance and is very light in color without the lingering solvent odor. Wood Seal SB 40 is readily applied with a lambs wool applicator or heavy weight bar. Prevention: Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/ hot surfaces. No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ ventilating/ lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Wear protective gloves/ eye protection/ face protection. Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling. Obtain special instruction before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. In case of fire: Use dry sand, dry chemical or alcohol-resistant foam for extinction Response: IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. In case of fire: Use dry sand, dry chemical or alcohol-resistant foam for extinction. Specific treatment: see section 4 on the Safety Data Sheet. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable breathing. Call a POISON CENTER/doctor/medical professional if you feel unwell. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/medical professional. Do NOT induce vomiting. Storage: Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool. Store locked up. Keep tightly closed. Disposal: Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations. NEW OR NEWLY SANDED FLOORS
1. Wood Seal SB 40 should be applied as soon as the final sanding step has been completed. Floor should also be vacuumed and tack cleaned to assure that the surface is dust free. 2. Apply the initial coat of Wood Seal SB 40 with the grain of the wood floor at the rate of 400-500 square feet per gallon. 3. Apply a second coat of seal as described in No.2. 4. Line all athletic courts with a solvent resistant, oil based paint. Remove tape within 1 to 2 hours after painting. 5. After paint has thoroughly dried, (24 hours) buff with a maroon pad or slightly abrade with a 150 grit screen. Vacuum and tack clean to remove all dust before applying finish. 6. Apply at least
2 coats of Wood Seal SB 40. Follow directions as outlined in steps 1 thru 4 under coating. (Listed below) COATING:
1. Wood Seal SB 40 using a lambs wool applicator with a lambs wool pad or a heavy bar. It should be applied at the rate of 400-500 square feet per gallon in the direction of the wood grain. Be sure all air blowing equipment is turned off and doors and windows closed until the floor is tack free.
2. Allow floor to dry a minimum of 16 hours before applying any additional coats.
3. If floor is not recoated within 24 hours, it will be necessary to abrade before applying the next coat, with a 120 grit screen or maroon between coats pad, vacuum and tack.
4. Once the final coat is "tack free", provide adequate ventilation and air movement. Floor may be opened to light traffic after 24 hours. Allow
5 days before opening floor to athletic activities. NOTE: For best results do not apply this product when weather conditions exceed 90°F temperature and 80% humidity. Do not apply Wood Seal SB 40 over water based floor finishes. Adhesive marking tapes and decals may cause delamination of coating when removed. For Professional Use Only. PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS DIRECTIONS A